Sunday, October 4, 2009

Bloor Street Sushi Reviews # 3...



















My oldest daughter Peta decided to accompany Bella and I to our Saturday outing to Toronto. After dancing at the Bloor Street Theatre for the day, Bella decided we should try:

New Generation Grill/ Sushi
486 Bloor Street W,
Toronto

This is one of the newer restaurants in the Annex. I think it used to be an Italian restaurant not that long ago.

The first thing that impressed me about this place was the price. We went into the dining room around 4:15 p.m. and found that we could still order from the lunch menu for about $5.99 a plate. How could you beat that?!

Peta ( the vegetarian ) ordered a vegetarian noodle dish, Bella ordered the Bento box with chicken and I ordered the assorted sashimi platter.

The service was amazing. Our miso soups came within seconds of ordering. Everyone agreed that it was the best soup that we've had in the Annex so far.

My sashimi consisted of six assorted pieces. Every piece was firm, flavourful and filling. Topped off with a glass of the house white ( I think it was Jackson Triggs) it was a great little meal.

Peta devoured her veggie noodle dish. I didn't sample any but guessing from the steam rising from the plate, I assume it was hot and fresh. She said it had just the right amount of spice and tang to it.

Bella thought her dish was "alright". I sampled the sushi and found them to be a little "gummy". However, the tempura vegetables that accompanied them were delicious. They were just the right consistency and were piping hot.

This restaurant is a neat little find. The decor was bright, but not overbearing,the service was fast and the price can't be beat.

The price for three people, including a glass or wine and a tip was $38.85


Rating-Out of 5 : 4.5
Child friendly: Yes





No comments:

Post a Comment