Thursday, October 1, 2009

Rachel Kramer Bussell is a different kind of cat..


I love the works of Norman Mailer. When I learned that he had helped found the Village Voice I immediately began to follow the publication on line. Living in rural Ontario, going on line was the best way to read the " Voice" given the fact we live about 700 kilometers ( give or take) from New York City.

One day while browsing the column section, I came across an entry entitled "Lusty Lady". How could any hetero male not be drawn to that title? I quickly double clicked on the said entry, intrigued by any "Lady " that would entice her readers with a title like that.

Reading the first few lines about a female authors night in NYC, I thought maybe that I was in for a diatribe somewhat akin to what the average housewife may hear on " The View". A few lines later the author named Rachel Kramer Bussell , put any fears to rest.

I quickly learned that Ms. Bussell has a passion for cupcakes, self determination, writing and spanking.No...not your children, other adults. I thought maybe I had misread or misinterpreted Ms. Bussell's column, but alas I had not. Self worth, spanking and cupcakes. Man, in a civilized
world of people who are dying to "getting to know" themselves, Rachel Kramer Bussell is a different kind of cat. Here is a woman who knows exactly what she wants, has the chutzpah to be frank, embraces her libido and loves cupcakes. What's not to love?

Although she no longer contributes to the Voice, you can view her site at: http://rachelkramerbussel.com/

Go ahead, you won't be disappointed. But be prepared: Her site is addictive. And she's a different kind of cat. Thank the Gods for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment