Sunday, September 20, 2009

Bloor Street Sushi Reviews..

My middle daughter Bella dances every Saturday at the Bathurst Theatre in Toronto. Although it is time consuming for me to drive from rural Ontario into the "big city", I enjoy the "one on one" time with her. When her dance concludes at around 5 p.m., we walk into the Annex ( that's what the area of the city is called), and we usually have Japanese food for our dinner. Last night during dinner, Bella said: " Why don't you review this restaurant on your blog?". "Great idea" I said, so we've decided to review all the restaurants that we will be visiting after dance class. We usually have sushi, but we'll mix it up. So here goes:

Japan Sushi-482 Bloor Street W, Toronto:
Bella and I got there around 5:15. The weather was beautiful, but all the outside tables were taken, so we sat inside.

The service was prompt. Bella ordered the " Bento Box" with chicken. Knowing that she would not eat a full meal, I ordered the Sashimi appetizer plate.

Minutes later, the waitress brought us our miso soup and noodles. The soup was hot and aromatic. The noodles were firm, but tasty. ( I ended up eating Bella's).

Shortly afterward, the main course arrived. My sashimi was at the perfect temperature: Cool, but not too cold. The salmon was delicious.

Bella said her chicken was " really good". I picked at her vegetable tempura and found that the zucchini was great, but the carrot was a little raw for my liking. The accompanying sushi was the "California" type that my daughter likes. We both picked away at it, and both agreed that it was fresh and satisfying.

All in all, we enjoyed our time at Japan Sushi and would recommend it to anyone. With a Sprite and a glass of white wine, our bill came to $ 24.55

Rating-Out of 5 : 4.5
Child friendly: Yes





Japan Sushi on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment